Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Third Culture's on top!

Yay for Obama!

But I have to say, I'm a little cynical about all the hype. I have to wonder, what really makes a person 'black'. Obama is biracial, not African-American. So to put it another way, he's as black as his white. So if you call him black, you can also call him white right?

And what would happen if someone took a swab of GWB's DNA and happened to find that he was 1/16th African-American? Would he be renamed the first black President retrospectively?

Perhaps the world is prematurely celebrating Change.

I think I'll wait til a poor, disadvantaged African-American kid from the Bronx grows up to be President of the USA.

Til then I'll just celebrate the fact that I have more in common with Obama than most people in America do.

He's a Third Culture Kid too!

No comments: