Monday, November 17, 2008

Girl

Success!!

I woke up this morning to a call from Eliza, the manager at this cute new arty/jewellery place in town. Apparently I impressed both her and the owner, Noel, enough to be offered a job there over the summer!

My training starts tomorrow, and I'll probably be rostered into my first shift by the end of the week. I'm uber excited! Tomorrow, I'm off to buy new shoes, and possibly a new skirt. This week is shaping up to be rather a busy one. The day after tomorrow, I'm shadowing a lawyer- a *real* lawyer- for a day, visiting criminals and so on. Once again, uber, uber excited!!

Tomorrow afternoon, the Boy and I are going costume shopping- and no, not of the kinky variety, unfortunately. Our friend Nick is throwing a seriously late post-exam halloween party this Saturday night. I'm going as hippie/sixties or seventies (haven't decided yet) Barbie. I don't really care much for hippies or Barbies, but I recently bought this gorgeous multi-coloured, diamond-patterened shift dress ($10 down from $30 at Pagani) and I'm dying to take it out for a spin.

In other news, I made chocolate this weekend! Every Christmas, I make my special white chocolate, cranberry and pistachio chocolate. It's my standard Christmas gift to all of my nearest and dearest. In keeping with the cooking theme, in the past week, I've also made a pumpkin curry, a vegetable stir-fry, and a vegetarian pasta sauce, all from scratch.

So far so good, with this summer, fingers crossed more goals are scored-I'm actually starting to feel like 'Girl' from Citizen Girl!

No comments: